- 2.1 What are the system requirements?
- 2.2 Why do I need a stable internet connection?
- 2.3 Why does my Avatar appear as multiple blue, green and red images?
- 2.4 Why does my Avatar motion seem laggy?
- 2.5 Are there any text-to-speech limitations?
- 2.6 Is there a lesson size limitation?
- 2.7 What restrictions are there to what content I can place inside my lesson / presentation?
3. Installation & Setup
4. Creating & Editing Content
- 4.1 How do I create a new lesson or presentation?
- 4.2 How do I save and / or save as a lesson?
- 4.3 How do I edit an existing lesson?
- 4.4 How do I preview a lesson?
- 4.5 How do I delete / remove a saved lesson?
- 4.6 How do I choose a title for a presentation?
- 4.7 How do I display text during a presentation?
- 4.8 How do I display an image?
- 4.9 What Image formats are currently supported?
- 4.10 I tried to upload a JPEG image file but it didn't display correctly. How can I fix this?
- 4.11 How do I display video during a presentation?
- 4.12 What video formats does ZenoBot support?
- 4.13 How do I add audio files?
- 4.14 How can I move content on the screen?
5. Creating & Editing Avatar
- 5.1 How do I use the Avatar to present on my behalf?
- 5.2 How do I select a different Avatar?
- 5.3 How can I make the Avatar talk?
- 5.4 How do I choose what language or accent my Avatar speaks in?
- 5.5 The Avatar does not pronounce a word correctly. How can I fix it?
- 5.6 How do I assign a gesture to my Avatar?
- 5.7 How do I add a facial expression to my Avatar?
- 5.8 How do I 'zoom in' on an Avatar?
- 5.9 How do I adapt the Avatar to fit on a portrait or landscape orientated monitor?
1.1 When will I get charged?
You will be billed at the start of every 30 day period.
1.2 What payment methods can I use?
Credit card (Visa, Amex, Master Card).
1.3 How do I cancel my subscription?
Please write us an email containing the subject ”Please cancel subscription”, at email@example.com.
Kindly give us your feedback or the reason for which you wish to cancel. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve the product please let us know.
2.1 What are the system requirements?
- OS: Windows XP SP2+, Mac OS X 10.8+
- Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) or DX11 with feature level 9.3 capabilities.
- CPU: SSE2 instruction set support
2.2 Why do I need a stable internet connection?
An insufficient, or unstable connection will result in a slow response by the app on your system.
2.3 Why does my Avatar appear as multiple blue, green and red images?
You need to update your graphics card driver. If the problem still occurs please install the app on a separate computer or upgrade your graphics card.
2.4 Why does my Avatar motion seem laggy?
Your system might not meet the minimum recommended system requirements or that your internet speed is not fast enough.
Please refer to the system requirements to ensure you meet the minimum requirements. Also, please ensure you have a broadband internet connection.
2.5 Are there any text-to-speech limitations?
The sky's the limit, because we don’t have any.
2.6 Is there a lesson size limitation?
The sky's still the limit, because we don’t have any here either.
2.7 What restrictions are there to what content I can place inside my lesson / presentation?
You indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims that may arise due to your use of any material copyrighted or owned by third parties, whether in audio-visual, visual, audio, or printed format.
You agree and accept the entire responsibility to obtain the required rights or licenses for the use of all third party material in the creation or contribution to all presentations and/or lessons created using our hardware, software and/or other services.
For more information please review our [Terms & Conditions page](https://zenobot.com/terms/ “Terms & Conditions”)
3. Installation & Setup
3.1 How do I install the app?
After registering, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. Click on the link to verify your registration.
You will then be redirected to a page where you can download the app. Choose the version compatible with your computer’s operating system.
The app is currently supported on Windows and Mac.
3.2 How do I access my content from different computers?
You can install the app on as many computers as you want. However, to use the app, you need to log in. You are allowed only one login session at a time.
If you need to access the app from multiple computers simultaneously, you will need to purchase a separate registration.
3.3 How do I make the windows fit on my screen?
- On Windows: Click the ‘Restore Down’ button in the top right corner of the window. Then manually click and drag the sides and corners of the window to the desired size.
- On Mac: If you’re in full screen mode, click on the green button in the upper left corner of the window. Then manually click and drag the sides and corners of the window to the desired size.
3.4 What do I do if I accidentally closed the lesson window?
Please close the Avatar window and relaunch the app.
3.5 What do I do if I accidentally closed the Avatar window?
Please close the lesson window and relaunch the app
4. Creating & Editing - Content
4.1 How do I create a new lesson or presentation?
After launching ZenoBot you will be greeted by the Main Display window and the Avatar Display window. To create a new presentation simply click on the Remote Control button labelled ‘Editor’ and then click the 'New presentation’ icon.
First choose a title for the presentation. Then add text to screen, text to speech (narration performed by the Avatar), images, videos, URLs, Avatar expressions, and Avatar gestures.
The interface is organized on a linear timeline.
Simply drag the desired content type to the timeline under the appropriate section: either ‘Main Display' or ‘Avatar Display.' Once you drag a content box, the editor window will open. You can define the length of every type of content by selecting basic options such as 'start time' and 'end time.'
4.2 How do I save and / or save as a lesson?
Click on the floppy disk icon located at the bottom right of the editor.
To save a lesson and assign a different name to it, click on the floppy disk icon with the pencil next to it.
4.3 How do I edit an existing lesson?
Click on the Open icon at the bottom right of the Editor. Select the file you wish to edit and improve it however you want.
4.4 How do I preview a lesson?
At any stage during the creation or editing of your presentation, save it and click the preview button.
4.5 How do I delete / remove a saved lesson?
Select the ‘Load’ button on the Remote Control and navigate to the lesson you wish to remove. Right click and select ‘Remove’.
4.6 How do I choose a title for a presentation?
Click and type at the top of the editor window where you see the words 'LESSON PLAN TITLE'.
When you save a lesson, the name you assign to the saved file becomes the lesson plan title.
If you change the name later on at the top of the Editor, a copy is automatically saved with this new name.
4.7 How do I display text during a presentation?
To display text on the Main Display Window, simply drag a text-box to the lesson editor timeline. Set the start time and end time, depending on how long you want the text to be displayed.
You can then select font style, size, and colour. The text will be automatically displayed in the center of the screen.
Should you want to edit the text at a later date, click the edit button in the top right corner of the text-box.
4.8 How do I display an image?
Drag an image box to the lesson editor timeline. Set the start time and end time, depending on how long you want the image to appear.
Choose the image you want to use and upload it.
The image will be automatically displayed on the center of the screen. Its size will depend on the image resolution.
4.9 What Image formats are currently supported?
Accepted image formats currently include JPG and PNG.
4.10 I tried to upload a JPEG image file but it didn't display correctly. How can I fix this?
This issue may occur when a jpeg image file has been saved in CMYK instead of RGB color palette. CMYK is typically used for images intended for print.
Please ensure the JPEGs you want to upload use the RGB color palette.
4.11 How do I display video during a presentation?
Drag a video box to the timeline. Select a start time. The length will be automatically determined based on the video's length.
You can import a video from your hard drive or simply paste a youtube video link.
Remember not to upload very large videos as this will take up a lot of cloud storage space. It is highly recommended to keep each video under 500 Mega bytes.
4.12 What video formats does ZenoBot support?
The current supported video formats include:
- 3ivX D4
- DivX® (1/2/3/4/5/6)
- H.261 / H.263 / H.263i / H.264
- Indeo Video v3 (IV32)
- MJPEG (A/B)
- MPEG-4 ASP
- MPEG-4 AVC
- On2 VP3/VP5/VP6
- Real Video (1/2/3/4)
- Sorenson 1/2
- WMV (1/2/3/9)
4.13 How do I add audio files?
You have two options:
As part of the Main Display (audio files such as background music). Drag the audio box from the left hand side of the editor to the timeline.
Upload it from your hard drive or open a previously uploaded sound file. Then select a start time. The length will be automatically determined, based on the file’s duration.
- An audio file or even a recording of yourself, which the Avatar can use.
4.14 How can I move content on the screen?
ZenoBot automatically centers all words, images, and video on the presentation window
5. Presentation Creation & Editing - Avatar
5.1 How do I use the Avatar to present on my behalf?
After you create a lesson or presentation, it’s a waste of energy and time for you to repeat the content.
A much more efficient solution is to use a ZenoBot Avatar to be your presenter. That’s what they’re here for. Set up the Avatar to hold the presentation, so you can focus on the audience.
Simply select a text-box from the Avatar section of the lesson editor and drag it to the timeline. Type in the text you want the Avatar to narrate. Set the start time and let the software automatically calculate the duration.
If you don’t want the Avatar to convert your text to speech, you can import a sound file or record your own voice.
5.2 How do I select a different Avatar?
Choose the Avatar that best fits your presentation by clicking on the left/ right arrow buttons on the ZenoBot Remote Control.
5.3 How can I make the Avatar talk?
You have two options:
Give your Avatar a voice by dragging a text-to-speech box from the Avatar Speech Drop Down section to the timeline. Then just add the text you want the Avatar to narrate. Our software will convert this text into speech.
- You can also record your own voice. To do this drag an Audio box from the Avatar Speech Drop Down section to the timeline. You can either select a file saved on your hard drive or you can record your own voice by clicking on the microphone.
Once you click on the microphone the following window will pop up:
Record your voice by clicking the red circle and then click ‘Stop’ when you are done. Preview it by clicking the play button. Then save it if you are happy with it. Otherwise record it again.
There is a 20 second limit. If you need a longer recording, simply pre-record the audio and import it. Alternatively, you can drag another audio box to the timeline.
5.4 How do I choose what language or accent my Avatar speaks in?
Click on the Language button on the remote control. You can then select the language (for example English), and the accent (such as US, UK, or Australian).
5.5 The Avatar does not pronounce a word correctly. How can I fix it?
If the Avatar mispronounces a word, try to spell that word differently.
Start with writing it phonetically. For example the word ‘you’ can be written as the letter ‘u’. This might make it sound more accurate.
- You can also try writing the word in syllables with a space between them. For example place a space between 'ava' and 'tar' to get 'ava tar'.
5.6 How do I assign a gesture to my Avatar?
Avatars can perform gestures (such as thumbs up, shrugging, and a lot more).
Drag a gesture from the Avatar Gestures tab, found on the left hand side of the presentation editor. Set a start time and select the action speed. Each gesture takes a set time to perform.
If you want to repeat a gesture, simply drag in another one.
5.7 How do I add a facial expression to my Avatar?
Portray the mood of your Avatar by giving it a facial expression. These range from happy to angry (and many more).
Drag an expression from the Avatar Expressions tab, on the left hand side of the presentation editor. You can set a start time and the duration of the expression and select the action speed.
5.8 How do I 'zoom in' on an Avatar?
Click on magnifying glass (+) button. To zoom out click on the magnifying glass (–) button.
Make sure you also drag the Avatar window frame to your desired size.
5.9 How do I adapt the Avatar to fit on a portrait or landscape orientated monitor?
- Open Control Panel
- Enter ‘Appearance and Personalization’.
- Enter ‘Display’.
- On the left hand side, click on ‘Change Display Settings’.
- Here you will see if you have one, two, or more monitors connected to your computer. To rotate the window, simply click on the dropdown menu for ‘Orientation’.
- Select the suitable orientation.
- Launch System Preferences
- Hold down the Command + Option keys and click on the ‘Display’ icon.
- On the right side of the Display preferences, select the ‘Rotation’ drop down menu.
- Select the desired orientation.
- Confirm the selection.
! Depending on your version of MacOS, things may look slightly differently in the Displays settings panel.
6. Holding a presentation
6.1 How do I start a lesson / presentation?
Click the play button on the Remote Control. Your presentation will unfold automatically.
6.2 How can I control the progression of the lesson / presentation?
Set the autoplay button to the off position on the Remote Control.
Use this option when you want to manually jump forward and back between content segments. Simply use the ‘Prev’ (go back) and ‘Next’ (go forward) buttons on the Remote Control.
6.3 How do I use ZenoBot with a single display device?
If you only have one display device (such as a monitor or interactive touch board) connected to your computer, you can manually resize and position the Main Display window and the Avatar Display window as you see fit.
Our recommendation is to place the Avatar on the left or right hand side. It doesn’t need to take up more than ¼ of your screen space.
However, for the best experience, we recommended that you use 2 display devices. One for the Main Display window and one for the Avatar Display window.
Try ZenoBot Magic Mirror: a fully interactive screen. It’s perfect both for your Avatar window (portrait orientation), or your Main Display window.
6.4 How do I use ZenoBot with 2 display devices (one for the lesson and one for the Avatar)?
To connect your laptop to an interactive touch board and another screen (like the ZenoBot Magic Mirror), just follow these steps:
- Connect both display devices to your computer.
- For Windows: open Control Panel
- Go to ‘Appearance and Personalization’
- Go to ‘Display’ and then enter Screen Resolution.
- Select the option to extend your screen space using a 2nd monitor. (You can also rotate the screen if you plan to display the Avatar on a portrait oriented monitor)
- Drag your Main Display window to one monitor and the Avatar Display window to the second screen.
You are ready to amaze your classroom or audience